A special thanks to Lucy in St. Lou, who awarded Paws and Pours the Kreativ Blogger Award. I am honored!
The rules are that I am to mention 6 things that I am thankful for, as well as 6 blogs that I stalk. Gosh, the only hard thing about that is narrowing it down.
6 Things I am thankful for:
1. My wonderful husband, and great extended family. I am blessed to have them all in my life everyday.
2. My job. I have the best gig in town (in my humble opinion.) I work part time - job share position, with a reputable pharmaceutical company. This allows me to contribute to our wine and vacation funds, and still have plenty of time for cooking, wine shopping,dog walks, and lots of blog stalking.
3. The best dog, Chase. There is not one day that we don't laugh at his funny antics. Whether it is the way he carries the flashlight in his mouth for the entire dark morning walk, or the craziness that ensues when he sees us get our running shoes on, he can bring me out of any cranky mood.
4. A well stocked wine fridge. What can I say? I'm a wino, and having a fantastic glass of wine at the end of the day can also bring me out of any cranky mood. :)
5. Good friends. Since all of our family lives in the mid-west, our wonderful friends here have become our "chosen" family. I look forward to every gathering, or just catching up on the phone. They enrich my life in so many ways.
6. My laptop. How else would I be able to read all of your wonderful blogs?
6 (of the many) "Kreativ" blogs I stalk:
1. Noble Pig - if you don't go for the fantastic recipes and stunning 'food porn' photos, go check it out for her fabulous wit and creative writing about food, wine, and life in general. Love it!
2. Culinary Adventures of a New Wife - I started reading this blog because I liked her title. I could relate, because at the time, I was a newlywed myself. I've been following it since, because she has drool-worthy recipes and photos, and I've had success with many of the recipes I've gotten here.
3. Greek Tragedy - Loved Stephanie Klein's book, Straight Up and Dirty, and have followed her blog for her stylistic writing, and open frankness about everything! (She is also a foodie)
4. Wine with Life Please- a new one for me, but she has some fantastic looking recipes and fun wine reviews.
5. Pinknest- Love to read this foodie's adventures of living and eating in New York City. She has exquisite taste and a knack for writing.
6. Johnstone's Vin Blanc- Also a new one I've been stalking. Great recipes and fun seeing a little bit of life in North Carolina. (somewhere I've never been.)